Monday, July 5, 2010

Today is the Start of a Journey


Some of you might remember that I posted a few weeks ago about a group forming over at Mom's Toolbox to read the Bible in 90 days.  While you can certainly use any Bible, I found that in The Bible in 90 Days version it works out to be just 12 pages per day. 

I love my current Bible dearly, but it is a study Bible full of neat footnotes and reference materials, but all  that information makes it a bit "thick" and therefore a little intimidating to think of reading it through in 90 days.

So anyway... today is Day 1 and I have finished the reading assignment.  I'm so encouraged and happy to be part of a group of nearly 400 women reading God's Word.

It is not too late to join in.  (And please don't feel that you need any specific Bible to do it)...just hop over to Mom's Toolbox and get all the details.

Join us on this amazing journey through God's Word.

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path"
- Psalm 119:105

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

Nice to meet you! I started reading on July 1st...am loving it! Very different from reading the Bible in a year.

July 5, 2010 at 8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just made a commitment to join you in reading the bible in 90 days! I have a day of "catching up" to do... but, I am very excited! I have always wanted to do this but it just seemed so OVERWHELMING!! Now I am inspired, and the "SOAP" method should really help me to retain what I've read and be able to apply the principles to my everyday life Thanks for writing about this, or else I never would have known about it! Constance frugalistamommy(at)yahoo(dot)com

July 6, 2010 at 9:15 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Debbie. That is awesome!! Keep us posted on your progress.

Constance -- Yay!! I'm so excited that you've joined the group. it's going to an awesome journey. We can definitely be an "encourager" for one another and keep each other accountable!! -- now go read!!!

Have a great day day, guys.

Robin

July 6, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home